
God made the duet.
Of this I'm very sure.
And after years of playing solo,
I’ve never felt so good before.
God invented harmony.
And then made it sound so sweet.
The kind that hits you when you hear it.
The kind that knocked me off my feet.
God made this melody.
And knew exactly how it'd sound.
Laid every note in perfect order,
'Till we were lifted off the ground.
(...or 'till I finally came around)
God invented rhythm.
To keep us moving right along.
And used melodic bass at perfect pace
As the foundation of our song.
God invented music.
So as to speak to every ear.
To provide with comfort those in need
And so that everyone could hear.
Yes, God made the duet.
Of this I'm very sure.
'Cause some things go best together,
And now I love you even more...
No comments:
Post a Comment