Maybe one of these days I'll actually finish what I start...
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Digital Divide
I know exactly how we got here.
Begins so powerful and pure.
But passing time does no great favors.
Makes even strong hearts not-so-sure.
And girl your love has tasted sweetest
through all these brilliant, savored sips.
But I have never even heard my name
be spoken on your lips.
And if I put myself in your shoes
[and if you tried on my shoes, too]
You know, we'd probably say the same damn things
from different points of view.
See, there's two sides to every story,
and there are two that hold a pen.
But if we can't be clear what happens here
It just spells: "Heartache, once again."
Now it's the simplest communication
that will forever turn the key.
Takes no more modern innovation.
Just need you on the same page as me.
[I just wanna findout how happy we can be.]
So, I'll pack all my non-belongings
and let this conscience be my guide.
Head off in search of my life's meaning
across our Digital Divide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment