Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bring Me Closer















The most beautiful thing that I ever did see
it was something I saw in a dream.
It was you there, of course, with a smile through your tears;
we had just added one to our team.

And the best I could do was to hold tight your hand
and admire the motherly love in your eye.
Count a blessing or two for the old and the new,
And when I woke in real life, I couldn't help it but cry.

And then the next time I dreamed, it was something quite different
though quite similar in characters, namely us two.
You had just let your soul soar and had laid down a track,
and it was one of those ones where the whole room just knew.

And the best I could do was to stand by in awe.
till you made your way back and said "What do you think?"
Stood there speechless in silence, then embraced you so tightly,
And said "You already know." with a smile and a wink.

See, there's a place that I go to in the still of the night
When my million thoughts swirling all just fall away,
Where the future calls loudly and shines ever so bright,
Providing purpose and peace to begin the next day...

And when daybreak comes swiftly, just as soon as the sun,
and the morning's activities all start anew,
When my eyes regain focus and the dreaming is done,
That's when I charter my course to bring me closer to you.

(And that is why, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment