Monday, June 27, 2011

Have You Ever?















Have you ever looked up at the stars
and felt them staring back down at you?
Ever lived your life without a plan,
but knew exactly what you must do?
Have you ever dreamed of being awake?
Or fell asleep to the ocean's lullaby?

Well, I think you should try.
(If not, think you should try.)

You see, I've never seen the sunset over Amsterdam.
And me, I've never surfed the shorelines in Kauai.
But I ain't never said "I'm scared"
And now I finally feel prepared and know
we never really live until we try.

Have you ever found when things got tough
it helped to hear it was 'all good?'
That when the waters 'round you got real rough
you always somehow knew you could? (And would.)
You ever searched here for a soulmate
to make sure life don't just pass by?

Well, I think you should try.
(If not, I think you should try.)

You see, I've never been too fond of missin' chances.
And me, I've never thought the limit was the sky.
And I ain't never said "Let's wait."
Or been the kind to hesitate, I know
we never really live until we try.

Ain't no more weeks to waste or days to let slip by...
An' I think it's pretty cool we're seein' the same sky. (a little FYI)...
And all we give is all we get.
So we should try.

No comments:

Post a Comment