
I awoke this morning 'fore the sun,
was so glad to be alive,
With a head so full of hopes and dreams,
and my mind in overdrive.
So I thought I'd write a few things down
just to get them off my chest.
Now I'll let my fingers type away--
hope my heart will do the rest...
'Cos your love is pure, your love is strong,
it reminds me of a summer song.
And it sounds so sweet and feels so gentle,
and it makes me happy, sentimental.
It’s so bright and brilliant when it shines,
this summer song of yours and mine.
...And your love is like a summer's day,
that’s so warm and welcome in every way.
That to feel your light upon my skin,
makes me love the life I’m living in.
Like a flower nourished from the seed,
it’s your love that’s all I need.
...And your love is like a summer breeze,
so refreshing--puts my mind at ease.
When I’d lost direction--passed insane,
you came spinning through my weathervane.
As I watched the wind blow away my fear
and your love became so clear.
...‘Cos your love is like a summer night,
where the cares are few and the feeling’s right.
And your eyes alight with heavenly glow,
as the stars give scenery to our show.
Under spotlight from the silver moon,
How I love your love, I will show you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment