Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Don't Know Why

















I don’t know why I write the things I do,
I know it sounds cliche, but I swear it’s true,
So if you find some deeper meaning well then, good for you,
But just know that it was not from me.

I don’t know why I say the things I say,
I ask myself the same question nearly every single day,
When all my thoughts are out of bounds and all my words are still in play,
I must suspect that’s what’s intended for me.

I don’t know why I act they way I act,
Sometimes with even less than just a little bit of tact,
But I’ve lived it and I’ve learned it, and that’s def’nitely a fact
Pulled from all these lessons taught to me.

I don’t know why I think the way that I think
But with so much yet to see I try my hardest not to blink,
When choosing left or right’s enough to drive a man to drink,
I feel that forward is the only way for me.

I don’t know why I feel the things that I feel,
Why all my random, crazy thoughts align to equal something real,
Why when I dream in blue and green I still remember it in teal,
I hope that someday soon I’ll finally start to see.

I don’t know why I write the things I do,
And now I’m guessin’ this expressin’ has a lot to do with you,
So if you’ve found some deeper meaning, I hope you’ll help me find it too,
But always know that it was not from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment