Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Drawn From Memory






















I could draw you from memory
If I gave it some time.
(I can’t paint things all that good,
but I can sketch ‘em out just fine.)
From your prominent features
to your softest of lines
I could draw you from memory.
I know I’d do just fine.

I could draw you from memory
If I had my artist’s tools.
Wouldn’t need any patterns
Wouldn’t follow no rules.
I would paint you in deep velvet
that’s adorned with precious jewels.
I could draw you from memory.
I think it’d be pretty cool.

I can draw you from memory
if you want me to.
Then I’d paint you into backgrounds
that are beautiful and new.
(To wherever your heart winds up takin’ you to)
I could draw you from memory
and then smile as it came true.

I could draw you from memory
and then bring it all to life.
I would paint that Spanish chapel
where he made her his wife.
On the beach, in the sun.
Far from all the stress and strife.
Then together we’d paint memories
for the rest of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment